The most basic requirement for needing a cable tester is for testing of the wiring connection. You can quickly and easily test whether if an automated machine makes a connection or if your operator has make the correct connection through manual wire assembly. If you can only going for simple connection testing, you can simply click here and check out these small portable cable tester.
For comprehensive testing of your cable, this is where you will need a high-end cable tester equipment. You will need to understand the exact type of test that you want to do on your assembled cable.
- Wire connection of the cable.
- Resistivity and conductance of the copper wire. (maximum current)
- Insulation of the jacket around the copper wire. (maximum voltage, HiPot test)
- Cable capacitance between the copper wires.
- Data speed bandwidth of the cable.
- Cable impedance
- Electrical characteristic testing (capacitors, diodes, or resistors detection)
- Mechanical physical testing (elasticity, bend-ability)
Other cable testers available in the market
- Small cable connection testers.
- High-end comprehensive cable measurement and testers equipment.
- Branded cable tester manufacturers on the market.
- Low cost Chinese Cable Tester from China.
Our Best Selling cable tester
Affordable, small portable and light weight. Powered by USB.